Key criteria for support:
- Resident of North Carolina.
- Currently receiving radiation, chemotherapy or hormonal therapy for metastatic disease.
- Experiencing financial hardship.
- Have not previously received support from STOMP The Monster NC.
- Each application is reviewed by at least one member of our Board of Directors. It can take up to 4 weeks to complete the review and decision process.
- Your social worker will be contacted as soon as a decision is made. If you do not have a social worker we will contact you, usually by email.
- We can help pay bills such as medical, utilities, rent, child care and other bills. We can also provide gift cards for food and gasoline. We do not pay mortgages or give cash directly to applicants.
How to Complete this Application:
Provide sufficient detail to demonstrate how the cancer diagnosis and treatment impacted your household financial situation.
- Include a note from your medical provider regarding your diagnosis and treatment plan with projected start and stop dates.
- Include a note from your social worker (or medical provider) confirming your need for financial assistance.
- Include COPIES (not originals) of bills you would like assistance with. If the bill is not in your name, then please tell us how you are related to this person. For assistance with rent include a copy of the lease or rental agreement with mailing address of the landlord.
- If you are requesting assistance with food or gasoline, please include the name of the grocery store or gas station.
- Be sure to read and sign the consent form.